They named it what?
Pat
2007-07-19 03:21:14 UTC
There's a nursing home in town that that just changed hands and was
renamed. They have, I believe, come up with one of the worst possible
names for a nursing home that I can imaging. Instead of a nursing
home, it now sounds like a place where serious alcoholics go to
recover from too much vodka.

How would you like to send your grandfather to Absolut Nursing and
Rehab Center.

Absolut Rehab Center??? I wonder who was drinking what when they came
up with that name.
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-19 03:26:09 UTC
Post by Pat
There's a nursing home in town that that just changed hands and was
renamed. They have, I believe, come up with one of the worst possible
names for a nursing home that I can imaging. Instead of a nursing
home, it now sounds like a place where serious alcoholics go to
recover from too much vodka.
How would you like to send your grandfather to Absolut Nursing and
Rehab Center.
Absolut Rehab Center??? I wonder who was drinking what when they came
up with that name.
Could be worse

Wild Turkey Nursing and Rehab
Boone's Nursing and Rehab

:-)
Edgar
2007-07-19 15:19:55 UTC
Post by Pat
There's a nursing home in town that that just changed hands and was
renamed. They have, I believe, come up with one of the worst possible
names for a nursing home that I can imaging. Instead of a nursing
home, it now sounds like a place where serious alcoholics go to
recover from too much vodka.
How would you like to send your grandfather to Absolut Nursing and
Rehab Center.
Absolut Rehab Center??? I wonder who was drinking what when they came
up with that name.
LOL. I just imagined they lined up all the old people in the parking lot in
the shape of a bottle and took an aerial picture

"Absolut Senility"
--
Edgar
Pierre Levesque
How about the Wilde Institute for New Organization recovery center?
Don
Pierre Levesque
2007-07-20 02:32:14 UTC
Post by Pierre Levesque
Post by Pierre Levesque
Post by Pat
There's a nursing home in town that that just changed hands and was
renamed. They have, I believe, come up with one of the worst possible
names for a nursing home that I can imaging. Instead of a nursing
home, it now sounds like a place where serious alcoholics go to
recover from too much vodka.
How would you like to send your grandfather to Absolut Nursing and
Rehab Center.
Absolut Rehab Center??? I wonder who was drinking what when they came
up with that name.
How about the Wilde Institute for New Organization recovery center?
Wilde
Institute for
New
Organization recovery center.
Fair enough... but for someone who's just now discovering wine how could
you suddenly be such a spokeman for WINO? LOL *<\:-P~~
Pat
He's a quick learner.
Don
"I luvya man!"
Don
2007-07-20 11:59:16 UTC
Post by Pierre Levesque
Post by Pierre Levesque
Post by Pierre Levesque
Post by Pat
There's a nursing home in town that that just changed hands and was
renamed. They have, I believe, come up with one of the worst possible
names for a nursing home that I can imaging. Instead of a nursing
home, it now sounds like a place where serious alcoholics go to
recover from too much vodka.
How would you like to send your grandfather to Absolut Nursing and
Rehab Center.
Absolut Rehab Center??? I wonder who was drinking what when they came
up with that name.
How about the Wilde Institute for New Organization recovery center?
Wilde
Institute for
New
Organization recovery center.
Fair enough... but for someone who's just now discovering wine how could
you suddenly be such a spokeman for WINO? LOL *<\:-P~~
Hey, my wife bailed already.
She just didn't like the overall taste of the gurly-man wine we had, so I
finished the bottle last night.
I might head to the likker store (*Hoosier Buddy* - the only one in the
whole county) tonight and stroll through their assortment, I'll keep my eye
peeled for that Twin Fin stuff.
Pat
2007-07-20 14:01:41 UTC
Post by Don
Post by Pierre Levesque
Post by Pierre Levesque
Post by Pierre Levesque
Post by Pat
[...]
Go get her a decent bottle of Pino Grigio from any Italian winery. It
is a very light wine with little or no after-taste. It's not "girlie"
but it isn't much of an acquired taste, either. It's just a nice,
light, white wine.

Two other advices (is that a word) for you.

1. Keep away from California wines when you are first drinking wine.
They tend to be very tanic (acidic). New York Finger Lakes don't tend
to be anywhere near as tannicy as California wines.

2. With white wines in particular, ask if it has been aged in oak or
not. Oak is an acquired taste. Start with sometime that is not
"oaked".

With wine, you can't just jump to the stuff with the acquired
tastes.
george conklin
Here is someone who knows nothing about not only planning, but wine too.
Don
2007-07-20 14:59:36 UTC
Post by george conklin
Post by Pat
Post by Don
Post by Pierre Levesque
Post by Pierre Levesque
Post by Pierre Levesque
Post by Pat
[...]
Now you see right there that *learning* wine is an individual thing.
You can't just read about it, you have to DO it, and find out where your own
individual place is.
I don't think there's a huge selection here in hoosierville but when I look
for some I'm gonna try to find the stuff Pierre recommended, the Twin Fin
thang.
I'll also take a look for what ++ mentioned.
Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
Don
2007-07-23 11:50:54 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
She sed: whitebread LOL

Ever read the *Dark Tower* series?
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-23 13:57:09 UTC
No. I'm not really a Stephen King fan.
Don
2007-07-23 16:34:16 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
She sed: whitebread LOL
Ever read the *Dark Tower* series?
No. I'm not really a Stephen King fan.
I never was either but my wife bought me the 1st 3 issue boxed set so I had
to read em. :-)
They were a little different than the other King books I attempted to read.
I now have all 7 books in the series but lost interest after 4.

Anyway, one of the major players in the story is a negro woman named Detta
who I believe slips in and out of dementia and goes from being the nicest
person in the world to evil incarnate and in her altered state refers to
caucasians as whitebread. She's nasty too.
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-23 16:55:26 UTC
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
She sed: whitebread LOL
Ever read the *Dark Tower* series?
No. I'm not really a Stephen King fan.
I never was either but my wife bought me the 1st 3 issue boxed set so I
had to read em. :-)
They were a little different than the other King books I attempted to read.
I now have all 7 books in the series but lost interest after 4.
Anyway, one of the major players in the story is a negro woman named Detta
who I believe slips in and out of dementia and goes from being the nicest
person in the world to evil incarnate and in her altered state refers to
caucasians as whitebread. She's nasty too.
My husband has the series and he says the ending is not worth reading that
many books...
Don
Now I know for sure I won't finish them...heh
++
2007-07-23 20:42:03 UTC
pejorative name for white people, interesting name for ale
Don
2007-07-23 21:17:16 UTC
I wonder if they have a dark lager version?
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-23 21:54:42 UTC
They have a bitter (Trophy Bitter)
Ken S. Tucker
2007-07-24 02:55:27 UTC
On Jul 23, 2:54 pm, "Amy Blankenship"
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
pejorative name for white people, interesting name for ale
I wonder if they have a dark lager version?
They have a bitter (Trophy Bitter)
My Old Boy drank Labatt's IPA, (India Pale Ale) warm,
when I asked why he drank it, he said because his
moochy brother-in-laws (polak willy) didn't like it, LOL.
When time permits I plan on building a stil, we have
made some nice lager in the past.
Ken
++
Why not just some nice ales? Save on equipment
Ken S. Tucker
2007-07-24 23:20:56 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
pejorative name for white people, interesting name for ale
I wonder if they have a dark lager version?
They have a bitter (Trophy Bitter)
My Old Boy drank Labatt's IPA, (India Pale Ale) warm,
when I asked why he drank it, he said because his
moochy brother-in-laws (polak willy) didn't like it, LOL.
When time permits I plan on building a stil, we have
made some nice lager in the past.
Ken
Why not just some nice ales? Save on equipment
I'm a hard drinker, a 26er a day. It keeps
me blood presure in bounds, and the wife
and ladies find me more amiable to their
wishes. So I go with the flow...
Ken
Don
2007-07-25 01:20:18 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
pejorative name for white people, interesting name for ale
I wonder if they have a dark lager version?
They have a bitter (Trophy Bitter)
My Old Boy drank Labatt's IPA, (India Pale Ale) warm,
when I asked why he drank it, he said because his
moochy brother-in-laws (polak willy) didn't like it, LOL.
When time permits I plan on building a stil, we have
made some nice lager in the past.
Ken
Why not just some nice ales? Save on equipment
I'm a hard drinker, a 26er a day. It keeps
me blood presure in bounds, and the wife
and ladies find me more amiable to their
wishes. So I go with the flow...
Ken
OK, whats a 26er?
BTW: It may nor be the salt but the likker that effects your, er,
performance.
At least thats the rumor.....
Ken S. Tucker
2007-07-25 15:11:49 UTC
Post by Don
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
pejorative name for white people, interesting name for ale
I wonder if they have a dark lager version?
They have a bitter (Trophy Bitter)
My Old Boy drank Labatt's IPA, (India Pale Ale) warm,
when I asked why he drank it, he said because his
moochy brother-in-laws (polak willy) didn't like it, LOL.
When time permits I plan on building a stil, we have
made some nice lager in the past.
Ken
Why not just some nice ales? Save on equipment
I'm a hard drinker, a 26er a day. It keeps
me blood presure in bounds, and the wife
and ladies find me more amiable to their
wishes. So I go with the flow...
Ken
OK, whats a 26er?
26 ounzes, but I think I'm more like a micky
and a half.
Post by Don
BTW: It may nor be the salt but the likker that effects your, er,
performance.
At least thats the rumor.....
Ah, cod liver oil mixed into hummus, yummy!
Tastes like orange ruffy and cures everything.
Ken
RicodJour
2007-07-25 02:29:31 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
I'm a hard drinker, a 26er a day. It keeps
me blood presure in bounds, and the wife
and ladies find me more amiable to their
wishes. So I go with the flow...
Wishes like, "I'd wish he'd go to sleep and stop bothering me." :)~

Ken S. Tucker
2007-07-25 15:15:24 UTC
Post by RicodJour
Post by Ken S. Tucker
I'm a hard drinker, a 26er a day. It keeps
me blood presure in bounds, and the wife
and ladies find me more amiable to their
wishes. So I go with the flow...
Wishes like, "I'd wish he'd go to sleep and stop bothering me." :)~
To this day I don't understand why girls like
guys, it's a great hobby trying to figure it out.
Ken
Señor Popcorn-Coconut
2007-07-25 18:03:24 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by RicodJour
Post by Ken S. Tucker
I'm a hard drinker, a 26er a day. It keeps
me blood presure in bounds, and the wife
and ladies find me more amiable to their
wishes. So I go with the flow...
Wishes like, "I'd wish he'd go to sleep and stop bothering me." :)~
To this day I don't understand why girls like
guys, it's a great hobby trying to figure it out.
Isn't it...
I (like to think I) figured it out, though...

One of my ex-roomies had a peculiar thing for elephants and had all
kinds of elephant-art and knick-knacks strewn about... Might elephants
and men have things in common, and/or might there be some subliminal
elements at work?

Consider those old retired ladies you occasionally hear about with
countless, often adopted stray, furry and hairy pets all over their
dilapidated houses/apartments.

Here's a tip:
Find a gay friend and spend many an hour on an urban patio somewhere on
a busy corner and then talk to them about the guys that go by and who
they prefer and why, and then, for fun and as a thought-experiment,
pretend you're gay (or a straight woman if you prefer) and try to
consider the kind of men you might be attracted to if you were gay or a
straight woman, and why. (Think about your new body you'd have, too, and
what its needs might be.) See if you have an inner-woman and can tap
into, if only for a brief instant.

Turns out I might prefer men similar to the kind of women I prefer.
Amy Blankenship
Subliminal elephants...
Señor Popcorn-Coconut
Sure!
Señor Popcorn-Coconut
2007-07-25 18:45:33 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by RicodJour
Post by Ken S. Tucker
I'm a hard drinker, a 26er a day. It keeps
me blood presure in bounds, and the wife
and ladies find me more amiable to their
wishes. So I go with the flow...
Wishes like, "I'd wish he'd go to sleep and stop bothering me." :)~
To this day I don't understand why girls like
guys, it's a great hobby trying to figure it out.
Isn't it...
I (like to think I) figured it out, though...
One of my ex-roomies had a peculiar thing for elephants and had all kinds
of elephant-art and knick-knacks strewn about... Might elephants and men
have things in common, and/or might there be some subliminal elements at
work?
Subliminal elephants...
Mel Gibson... Not exactly my type, but he _is_ cutely handsome and
strikes me as a guy who you know where he's coming from which can be
nice to always know where one stands in the relationship. A little
squirrelly in motion sometimes, which is cute... Nice bod too-- not too
buff, almost just right... Great in film 'What Women Want'...

Antonio Banderas? Maybe... Johnny Depp possibly too, although not as
apparently up-front as Mel might be. More mysterious, but you never know...

You?

For some reason, though I keep falling back to Isabella Rosselini. She's
close... Definitely the face, but maybe a touch the accent, too. But no
one famous really does much for me. Probably just as well, huh?
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-25 20:50:44 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by RicodJour
Post by Ken S. Tucker
[...]
Matt Damon. So all-American you could wrap him in white bread and coat him
in peanut butter.

Jackie Chan. Little boy smile and great sense of humor, but you'd never
worry about getting jumped from behind with this guy.

Wesley Snipes. If this guy's picture isn't in the dictionary next to
"male", it ought to be :-)

-Amy
Warm Worm
2007-07-29 12:35:28 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by RicodJour
Post by Ken S. Tucker
[...]
Thats fantastic. If only he could be contacted and convinced to have
that be done for you on a regular basis. I would personally add
marshmallow-spread, honey or banana.
Post by Amy Blankenship
Jackie Chan. Little boy smile and great sense of humor, but you'd never
worry about getting jumped from behind with this guy.
Was he the guy with that blond guy in some comedy? I quite enjoyed it.
Post by Amy Blankenship
Wesley Snipes. If this guy's picture isn't in the dictionary next to
"male", it ought to be :-)
I'll have to call up his pic again, but if recalled, it's quite
nice. :)
Ken S. Tucker
2007-07-25 20:16:58 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by RicodJour
Post by Ken S. Tucker
[...]
No way, gals certainly have serious baby building
machinery, there ain't no gay act that can equate
to that. Lady folks are special, they even think
differently, I'm gonna put an entire chptr in my next
book on that.
So far as attraction is concerned, I've see high IQ
models humping the lowest life forms mankind has
created, (with the help of trailer-park womankind).
Enuf, but thanks anyway..............
Ken
Pat
I thought "rich and on the verge of death" was the leading contender.
Warm Worm
2007-07-29 13:02:49 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by RicodJour
Post by Ken S. Tucker
[...]
I'm just saying that chatting with gay guys might give you insights
that you may not be able to get from straight folks. For example, gay
guys might be more willing or able to talk about certain sexual
aspects of a relationship before the fact.
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Lady folks are special, they even think differently, I'm gonna put an entire chptr
in my next book on that.
A book? Tell me more.

Men and women think differently on some levels perhaps, but we're far
more similar than different. In fact we're "one and the same".
There're maybe also far too many sources that seem to work toward
isolating men and women via sometimes dubious examples or
illustrations of their differences over their greater similarities.
Men are not from Mars and Women are not from Venus, folks.
Post by Ken S. Tucker
So far as attraction is concerned, I've see high IQ
models humping the lowest life forms mankind has
created, (with the help of trailer-park womankind).
?
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Enuf, but thanks anyway..............
Well, if you're going to write a book...
Don
2007-07-29 15:22:07 UTC
"Warm Worm"> wrote
Men and women think differently on some levels perhaps, but we're far
more similar than different. In fact we're "one and the same".

Not even close.
2 eyes, 2 hands, 2 feet, sure.
But thats where the similarity ends.
There is plenty of documentaion out there about the differences between men
and women.
The one I find amazing is communication.
Even after almost 3 decades I am still confounded by some of my wifes
communication efforts, and she with mine.
Point being, you can't *learn* a person of a different gender over night in
fact you may not even notice the differences in as little as a few years.
I personally believe it is the defects in communication that results in the
divorce rate being so high.
Speaking, hearing, gestures and body language all contribute and all of them
are unique.
Its not PC to acknowledge this stuff these days so the problems escalate.
Señor Popcorn-Coconut
2007-07-29 16:51:56 UTC
Post by Warm Worm
Men and women think differently on some levels perhaps, but we're far
more similar than different. In fact we're "one and the same".
Not even close.
2 eyes, 2 hands, 2 feet, sure.
But thats where the similarity ends.
There is plenty of documentaion out there about the differences between men
and women.
The one I find amazing is communication.
Even after almost 3 decades I am still confounded by some of my wifes
communication efforts, and she with mine.
That doesn't necessarily mean that it's from being male or female.
People differ in styles, etc., of communication in general... Goodness
knows you confound me sometimes. ;)
Post by Warm Worm
Point being, you can't *learn* a person of a different gender over night in
fact you may not even notice the differences in as little as a few years.
Well, I didn't just arrive overnight. Since arriving, I've had two gay
male friends and a fair number of girlfriends. How about you? One wife
for 25 years? That's going to limit your exposure.
Post by Warm Worm
I personally believe it is the defects in communication that results in the
divorce rate being so high.
I'm of that opinion too, which is why I think it's so important...

(looks up at and notices other newsgroup)

...even if you're an urban-planner... maybe the urban-planning-- and
therefore, the urban landscape, itself-- would benefit from a greater
proportion of straight women.
Post by Warm Worm
Speaking, hearing, gestures and body language all contribute and all of them
are unique.
Its not PC to acknowledge this stuff these days so the problems escalate.
There's a possible irony that I stumbled upon not too long ago: It may
be that, the "more straight" one is, the more interested they are in the
other sex, and, thus, the more potentially willing they would be to
intellectually/philosophically dress in drag... Of course, the danger
being that one could go too far and end up on the other side. ;D
Don
2007-07-29 21:27:07 UTC
Post by Warm Worm
Men and women think differently on some levels perhaps, but we're far
more similar than different. In fact we're "one and the same".
Not even close.
2 eyes, 2 hands, 2 feet, sure.
But thats where the similarity ends.
There is plenty of documentaion out there about the differences between
men and women.
The one I find amazing is communication.
Even after almost 3 decades I am still confounded by some of my wifes
communication efforts, and she with mine.
That doesn't necessarily mean that it's from being male or female.
Yes it does, and I say so with extreme authority.
How?
Because I have spoken to thousands, yes, THOUSANDS of men and women
directly, one on one.
Remember, most upscale custom homes are designed for women.
Plus, I have spent the better part of 30 years paying very close attention
to the communication nuances of many women and especially one woman in
particular.
It wasn't until I started realizing that there ARE differences, and those
differences are HUGE, did I start to become a better communicator with women
in general.
Now, if someone says that what I say on this topic is wrong, that there is
very little difference in communcation between the genders, then they are
exhibiting their lack of experience.
Further, if that person claims the communication differences between men and
women is negligible than I will use their own track record as proof of what
I am saying.
Warm Worm
2007-07-30 06:55:29 UTC
Post by Warm Worm
[...]
Ok, so what are those differences?
I'm not suggesting there aren't any, only that they can seem a little
stereotyped, overblown and/or inaccurate sometimes.
Also, thinking about apparent differences (and responding to them)
might serve to fulfill their own prophecies.
Sex and sexuality appears to be a continuum of shades, anyway, rather
than male/female.
Don
2007-07-30 12:10:28 UTC
Post by Warm Worm
[...]

+++++++++++++++++
I personally don't think you can pinpoint specific instances of differences
but rather methods of conveyance and I also think it stems from that thing
about hunter/gatherer.
Its in the DNA.
The best you can do is keep an open mind and pay extreme attention.
Then, over time the *stuff* I'm speaking of will become apparent and if you
keep paying attention you can go with the flow.
It works both ways, males are just as different to females as vice versa.
Do a google on the topic and I'm sure there are people out there much better
than I that can explain it.
It took me a few years, after being married, to realize what was going on
and then after extreme frustration and deciding to *figure this thing out* I
finally started to crack through the wall.
Now, I wonder about the differences in communication and its impact on the
failed relationships before I got married.
Frankly, I am even amazed that I ever did get married due to my ignorance on
communication.
Knowing what I know now, I don't know why my wife chose to marry me, and me
her.
We are a much, much better team now then long ago.
Ken S. Tucker
2007-07-30 20:07:02 UTC
Post by Warm Worm
[...]

You sound pussy whipped, I won't work with women
or gays unless there's a serious monetary bonus.
Working with men, you can do off-color jokes and
everybody has fun, even a good nigger.
Say nigger, why do you keep a salomi in your pocket?
You warming it up for lunch? The nigger says, "Nope,
warming it up for a white womens lunch, they's tired
of little white sausages."
Ken
Don
2007-07-30 21:45:36 UTC
"Ken S. Tucker"> wrote
warming it up for a white womens lunch,

He sed white wimminz. LOL
Clumping Bamboos
Shocking funny buttnaked shocking.
Ken S. Tucker
2007-07-29 16:30:19 UTC
Post by Warm Worm
Post by Ken S. Tucker
No way, gals certainly have serious baby building
machinery, there ain't no gay act that can equate
to that.
I'm just saying that chatting with gay guys might give you insights
that you may not be able to get from straight folks. For example, gay
guys might be more willing or able to talk about certain sexual
aspects of a relationship before the fact.
Gay guys don't like girls, so how the hell do you
expect them to know more than normal guys/gals.
Post by Warm Worm
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Lady folks are special, they even think differently, I'm gonna put an entire chptr
in my next book on that.
A book? Tell me more.
That chptr is definitely a "post-humorous".
Post by Warm Worm
Men and women think differently on some levels perhaps, but we're far
more similar than different. In fact we're "one and the same".
There're maybe also far too many sources that seem to work toward
isolating men and women via sometimes dubious examples or
illustrations of their differences over their greater similarities.
Men are not from Mars and Women are not from Venus, folks.
Gals need to choose whose baby to grow inside
of them, that's hard to empathize with, no matter
how many men a gay guy sleeps with.
It's a fact gays know less about women's than
normal fella's.
Ken
Señor Popcorn-Coconut
2007-07-29 17:03:22 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by Warm Worm
Post by Ken S. Tucker
No way, gals certainly have serious baby building
machinery, there ain't no gay act that can equate
to that.
I'm just saying that chatting with gay guys might give you insights
that you may not be able to get from straight folks. For example, gay
guys might be more willing or able to talk about certain sexual
aspects of a relationship before the fact.
Gay guys don't like girls, so how the hell do you
expect them to know more than normal guys/gals.
Because their best friends are often straight women, and also that, in a
sense, they _are_ women.
Gay guys could be your hot conduits to straight women, and I think
they'd be more than happy to share, especially if it means win-win, with
everyone knowing everyone else a little better.
To Don: That's what improves communication, incidentally.
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by Warm Worm
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Lady folks are special, they even think differently, I'm gonna put an entire chptr
in my next book on that.
A book? Tell me more.
That chptr is definitely a "post-humorous".
You never know. You could indeed decide to write one...
"A Straight Guy's Straight From the Hip Take on the Other Sex"
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by Warm Worm
Men and women think differently on some levels perhaps, but we're far
more similar than different. In fact we're "one and the same".
There're maybe also far too many sources that seem to work toward
isolating men and women via sometimes dubious examples or
illustrations of their differences over their greater similarities.
Men are not from Mars and Women are not from Venus, folks.
Gals need to choose whose baby to grow inside
of them, that's hard to empathize with, no matter
how many men a gay guy sleeps with.
It's a fact gays know less about women's than
normal fella's.
For the most part, having a baby's probably like binging for 9 months,
and then taking a good, long, bitch-assed crap.
Ken S. Tucker
2007-07-29 18:09:02 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Gals need to choose whose baby to grow inside
of them, that's hard to empathize with, no matter
how many men a gay guy sleeps with.
It's a fact gays know less about women's than
normal fella's.
For the most part, having a baby's probably like binging for 9 months,
and then taking a good, long, bitch-assed crap.
That's among the most terribly disrespectful
posts I've ever read, would you say that to your
mom?
Ken
PS:ugh
Señor Popcorn-Coconut
2007-07-29 18:49:53 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Gals need to choose whose baby to grow inside
of them, that's hard to empathize with, no matter
how many men a gay guy sleeps with.
It's a fact gays know less about women's than
normal fella's.
For the most part, having a baby's probably like binging for 9 months,
and then taking a good, long, bitch-assed crap.
That's among the most terribly disrespectful
posts I've ever read
would you say that to your
mom?
I already have, more or less. I recall saying something like it's like
taking a good shit.
She understands me and my artistic license and liberties well enough not
to confuse, say, a decontextualized description of something, for
disrespect.

By the way; many women, in the process, have been known to say similar
and "worse" things. It's quite possible that they've even called the
fathers bastards. :D

We're all products of a good shit, Ken, and it's going to take a lot
more than an "ugh" from you for me to mask it with Lysol.
Don
2007-07-29 21:21:32 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
[...]
I remember hearing a reference that its like shitting a watermelon.
ouch........
Warm Worm
2007-07-30 07:16:53 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
[...]
For some, I imagine so, but I've also heard of and seen women giving
birth ostensibly relatively painlessly. On a PBS channel, I once saw a
woman giving birth in a kind of "hot tub", where she was sitting
practically upright and where the baby came out momentarily
underwater. Perhaps you saw something like that too?
I've heard that sitting more or less upright gets gravity to help
bring the baby out faster too...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_birth
Don
2007-07-30 12:01:54 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
[...]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My last 8 months in Germany I was assigned as an ambulance driver to the
post dispensary (medical facility, sort of a very small hospital).
The entire post, Wildflecken, was a training area for all of europe, so the
use was mainly training exercises for the troops.
What that means is that the soldiers spent vast amounts of time in the field
(I spent 190 days in the field in 1976) and then when they come back on post
all they wanna do is lay up in the crib with their SO.
Thus, pregnancy is rampant.
So, much of my job as an ambulance driver was to transport pregant women
from Wildflecken to the big hospital in Wurzburg 52 miles away via autobahn
in a metro ambulance that would do 150+ mph.
I would make 2 or 3 trips a day to Wurzburg.
The first 10 or so birthings were interesting but after that they became
nerve racking.
Yeah, I saw one of those underwater birthings on TLC years ago.
Don
2007-07-29 21:19:56 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by Warm Worm
Post by Ken S. Tucker
No way, gals certainly have serious baby building
machinery, there ain't no gay act that can equate
to that.
I'm just saying that chatting with gay guys might give you insights
that you may not be able to get from straight folks. For example, gay
guys might be more willing or able to talk about certain sexual
aspects of a relationship before the fact.
Gay guys don't like girls, so how the hell do you
expect them to know more than normal guys/gals.
Because their best friends are often straight women, and also that, in a
sense, they _are_ women.
Oh, dear.
Post by Señor Popcorn-Coconut
Gay guys could be your hot conduits to straight women, and I think they'd
be more than happy to share, especially if it means win-win, with everyone
knowing everyone else a little better.
To Don: That's what improves communication, incidentally.
Uh, practice makes perfect.
Er, better.
You can't learn how to communicate with a woman by speaking to a man that
sometimes *acts* like a woman, and I question the sincerity of a woman that
has a *part time* woman as a friend.
Seems she is fooling herself in the effort to be PC.
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-30 02:57:50 UTC
Post by Ken S. Tucker
Post by Warm Worm
Post by Ken S. Tucker
[...]
Er, what? I met one of my best friends in the world (and incidentally, my
hairdresser), when he pulled my husband on stage during Rocky Horror and sat
in his lap. He's a great guy and fun to be around, and our friendship has
nothing to do with being PC. But he's very sexy in heels and a corset ;-).
Clumping Bamboos
Wrong hole.
Señor Popcorn-Coconut
At that point, it would be hard to tell.
RicodJour
2007-07-24 13:04:49 UTC
On Jul 23, 5:54 pm, "Amy Blankenship"
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
I wonder if they have a dark lager version?
They have a bitter (Trophy Bitter)
Hmmm...I'm starting to wonder if you might know your beers a bit _too_
well, Amy! ;)

Amy Blankenship
2007-07-24 13:48:26 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
I wonder if they have a dark lager version?
They have a bitter (Trophy Bitter)
Hmmm...I'm starting to wonder if you might know your beers a bit _too_
well, Amy! ;)
I've never had Trophy Bitter, actually
:)
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-23 21:54:05 UTC
Post by ++
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
pejorative name for white people, interesting name for ale
Apparently some people think I spell as badly as they read.

Whitbread <> Whitebread
^
RicodJour
2007-07-24 13:03:19 UTC
Post by ++
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
pejorative name for white people, interesting name for ale
Wonder Bread (tm) is a white bread. It builds strong bodies twelve
ways.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitebread
Read the pejorative definition and origin at the end of that article.

Whitbread was an immensely successful brewer a long time ago and his
company sponsored the eponymous around the world sailboat race. It's
only natural for a beer to be named after a brewer.

http://www.solarnavigator.net/history/whitbread_round_the_world_race.htm

Don
2007-07-24 13:45:37 UTC
Post by RicodJour
Post by ++
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
pejorative name for white people, interesting name for ale
Wonder Bread (tm) is a white bread.
Been many years since I ate whitebread.
I remember the last time I did the sugar content hurt my teeth.
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-24 13:58:17 UTC
Post by Don
Post by RicodJour
Post by ++
Post by Amy Blankenship
Whitbread Pale Ale. Not wine, but yum!!!
pejorative name for white people, interesting name for ale
Wonder Bread (tm) is a white bread.
Been many years since I ate whitebread.
I remember the last time I did the sugar content hurt my teeth.
I seldom eat bread I didn't bake. Unfortunately my husband just got
braces...
RicodJour
2007-07-24 14:58:30 UTC
On Jul 24, 9:58 am, "Amy Blankenship"
Post by Amy Blankenship
I seldom eat bread I didn't bake. Unfortunately my husband just got
braces...
Maybe if you baked less bread he wouldn't need the braces. ;)
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr1639.html

Don
2007-07-24 16:52:04 UTC
Post by RicodJour
Post by Amy Blankenship
I seldom eat bread I didn't bake. Unfortunately my husband just got
braces...
Maybe if you baked less bread he wouldn't need the braces. ;)
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr1639.html
No, No, NO!!!!
Ya gotta drill a hole in that whole wheat brick first!
http://tinyurl.com/2sjgz7
Warm Worm
2007-07-29 13:15:58 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
I seldom eat bread I didn't bake. Unfortunately my husband just got
braces...
Maybe if you baked less bread he wouldn't need the braces. ;)
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr1639.html
Add those to a tight pair of leather pants and watch the heads turn.
Rainbow Oktoberfest. Apple shtrudel!
Warm Worm
2007-07-29 13:12:35 UTC
Post by RicodJour
Wonder Bread (tm) is a white bread. It builds strong bodies twelve
ways.
Unsure, but I think they now offer whole wheat.
But are crusty French breads and baguettes also essentially white
bread? I eat a fair bit of those, although I do eat multigrains and
whole wheat in that, too.

For a quick dessert, I like to have a glass of cold 1%, 2% or skim
milk and a slice of crusty French bread, freshly toasted with melted
butter and a thick spread of Nutella (tm) on top.
Don't drink and sail. ;)
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-29 13:27:42 UTC
Post by Warm Worm
Post by RicodJour
Wonder Bread (tm) is a white bread. It builds strong bodies twelve
ways.
Unsure, but I think they now offer whole wheat.
But are crusty French breads and baguettes also essentially white
bread? I eat a fair bit of those, although I do eat multigrains and
whole wheat in that, too.
For a quick dessert, I like to have a glass of cold 1%, 2% or skim
milk and a slice of crusty French bread, freshly toasted with melted
butter and a thick spread of Nutella (tm) on top.
Typically, when I make French Bread I make it with bread flour, which has a
slightly higher protein content than all purpose, but it is essentially
white flour. You can also make bread with white wheat flour, which bakes
and tastes like white flour but has all the parts of the grain.
Señor Popcorn-Coconut
2007-07-29 17:08:33 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Warm Worm
Post by RicodJour
Wonder Bread (tm) is a white bread. It builds strong bodies twelve
ways.
Unsure, but I think they now offer whole wheat.
But are crusty French breads and baguettes also essentially white
bread? I eat a fair bit of those, although I do eat multigrains and
whole wheat in that, too.
For a quick dessert, I like to have a glass of cold 1%, 2% or skim
milk and a slice of crusty French bread, freshly toasted with melted
butter and a thick spread of Nutella (tm) on top.
Typically, when I make French Bread I make it with bread flour, which has a
slightly higher protein content than all purpose, but it is essentially
white flour. You can also make bread with white wheat flour, which bakes
and tastes like white flour but has all the parts of the grain.
That's good to know-- thanks. I've only made bread once in my life (at
once, two loaves, and a pizza-crust with the excess), but it turned out
surprisingly well-- so much so, that I wondered what excuse there could
be for the kind of bad store bread I've encountered.
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-29 19:12:15 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Warm Worm
Post by RicodJour
[...]
I wonder myself. Baking bread takes all day in one sense and a few minutes
in another sense, since you mix it up, walk away for an hour or so, shape
it, walk away again, then pop it in the oven till it is done.
Señor Popcorn-Coconut
2007-07-29 19:20:12 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Warm Worm
Post by RicodJour
[...]
I hear that you can leave it in the fridge overnight and bake it the
next day, and that it can turn out even better done that way. Is this true?
++
2007-07-29 23:48:07 UTC
Post by Señor Popcorn-Coconut
I hear that you can leave it in the fridge overnight and bake it the
next day, and that it can turn out even better done that way. Is this true?
You can even freeze dough in handy portions to thaw, rise and bake
later. In the fridge, it will still rise. Make sure to cover with
platic so it down't take on smells of other stuff or dry out.
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-30 03:01:07 UTC
I hear that you can leave it in the fridge overnight and bake it the next
day, and that it can turn out even better done that way. Is this true?
You can even freeze dough in handy portions to thaw, rise and bake
later. In the fridge, it will still rise. Make sure to cover with
platic so it down't take on smells of other stuff or dry out.

-------
I find this not to be worth it. By the time you freeze and thaw, you could
have made a fresh batch, with more predictable results.
++
2007-07-31 03:41:31 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
-------
I find this not to be worth it. By the time you freeze and thaw, you could
have made a fresh batch, with more predictable results.
I do this with Easter bread and rise it in cans, so predictable results
are not necessary. You just fill the can halfway with dought , let it
rise to the rim and bake
Don
2007-07-31 11:45:00 UTC
Is it hard to get it out after its been baked?
++
2007-07-31 18:56:31 UTC
Post by Don
Post by ++
I do this with Easter bread and rise it in cans, so predictable results
are not necessary. You just fill the can halfway with dought , let it
rise to the rim and bake
Is it hard to get it out after its been baked?
Nope, when yeast breads done in a can are ready, they pull away slightly
from the sides of the can so when you tip them upside down, they fall
out (for cooling, frosting, whatever). Not sure if they are ready?
Stick a skewer down them, see if anything sticky adhers to the skewer
Don
2007-07-31 20:55:44 UTC
Post by ++
Nope, when yeast breads done in a can are ready, they pull away slightly
from the sides of the can so when you tip them upside down, they fall out
(for cooling, frosting, whatever). Not sure if they are ready? Stick a
skewer down them, see if anything sticky adhers to the skewer
OK, you sound like you know your way around a cooking station so lemme ask
you this.
The otherday I made some choclate chip muffins, Betty Crocker, one of them
plastic packet deals for about $1.50.
Tasted pretty good.
Here's the Q:
Whats the diff between a choclate chip muffin and a choclate chip cupcake?
++
2007-07-31 22:19:52 UTC
Post by Don
Post by ++
Nope, when yeast breads done in a can are ready, they pull away slightly
from the sides of the can so when you tip them upside down, they fall out
(for cooling, frosting, whatever). Not sure if they are ready? Stick a
skewer down them, see if anything sticky adhers to the skewer
OK, you sound like you know your way around a cooking station so lemme ask
you this.
The otherday I made some choclate chip muffins, Betty Crocker, one of them
plastic packet deals for about $1.50.
Tasted pretty good.
Whats the diff between a choclate chip muffin and a choclate chip cupcake?
Beats me. I have a cupcake tin or two and I pour in caje batter halfway
up and it's cupcakes and if I pour in muffin batter (less sugar,
sometimes healthy grains, can chuck in pieces of veggies) halfway up,
then it's muffins.
Pat
2007-07-31 22:56:54 UTC
Post by Don
Post by ++
Nope, when yeast breads done in a can are ready, they pull away slightly
from the sides of the can so when you tip them upside down, they fall out
(for cooling, frosting, whatever). Not sure if they are ready? Stick a
skewer down them, see if anything sticky adhers to the skewer
OK, you sound like you know your way around a cooking station so lemme ask
you this.
The otherday I made some choclate chip muffins, Betty Crocker, one of them
plastic packet deals for about $1.50.
Tasted pretty good.
Whats the diff between a choclate chip muffin and a choclate chip cupcake?
If you want a REALLY good snack, make brownies but leave the water out
to make a really thick batter. Then spoon it out and make chocolate
cookies you would kill for.

Also, if you put some chocolate chips in the food processor and grind
them, you can add that to brownie batter to give it a chocolate boost.
Don
2007-07-31 23:06:06 UTC
Post by Pat
Post by Don
Post by ++
[...]
I substitute milk for water all the time.'specially for pancakes.
My best stuff happens when I improvise.
Just do crazy stuff and see what happens......
++
2007-08-02 15:23:56 UTC
Post by Don
I substitute milk for water all the time.'specially for pancakes.
My best stuff happens when I improvise.
Just do crazy stuff and see what happens......
Fun experiment for junk food junkies - substitute different flavors of
soda for the eggs and liquid in a mix. Makes this interesting non
lactose non egg sponge cake. Favorite - lemon cake mix with sprite
Amy Blankenship
2007-08-01 03:04:23 UTC
Post by Don
Post by ++
Nope, when yeast breads done in a can are ready, they pull away slightly
from the sides of the can so when you tip them upside down, they fall out
(for cooling, frosting, whatever). Not sure if they are ready? Stick a
skewer down them, see if anything sticky adhers to the skewer
OK, you sound like you know your way around a cooking station so lemme ask
you this.
The otherday I made some choclate chip muffins, Betty Crocker, one of them
plastic packet deals for about $1.50.
Tasted pretty good.
Whats the diff between a choclate chip muffin and a choclate chip cupcake?
More important question: The difference in time between a mix and scratch
is about five minutes. The difference in cost is something like 3-4 times
more for the mix, and the taste is much, much better from scratch. So why
are you buying a mix?
Pat
2007-08-01 03:25:32 UTC
On Jul 31, 11:04 pm, "Amy Blankenship"
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
Nope, when yeast breads done in a can are ready, they pull away slightly
from the sides of the can so when you tip them upside down, they fall out
(for cooling, frosting, whatever). Not sure if they are ready? Stick a
skewer down them, see if anything sticky adhers to the skewer
OK, you sound like you know your way around a cooking station so lemme ask
you this.
The otherday I made some choclate chip muffins, Betty Crocker, one of them
plastic packet deals for about $1.50.
Tasted pretty good.
Whats the diff between a choclate chip muffin and a choclate chip cupcake?
More important question: The difference in time between a mix and scratch
is about five minutes. The difference in cost is something like 3-4 times
more for the mix, and the taste is much, much better from scratch. So why
are you buying a mix?
More important question: He lives in Indiana. Why isn't he using
Jello.
Don
2007-08-01 11:01:50 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
[...]
Variety.
Today will be blue jello, yesterday and the day before it was green.
Green jello has the boldest taste of any I've eaten so far, and I like green
the least.
Don
2007-08-01 11:00:40 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
Nope, when yeast breads done in a can are ready, they pull away slightly
from the sides of the can so when you tip them upside down, they fall
out (for cooling, frosting, whatever). Not sure if they are ready?
Stick a skewer down them, see if anything sticky adhers to the skewer
OK, you sound like you know your way around a cooking station so lemme
ask you this.
The otherday I made some choclate chip muffins, Betty Crocker, one of
them plastic packet deals for about $1.50.
Tasted pretty good.
Whats the diff between a choclate chip muffin and a choclate chip cupcake?
More important question: The difference in time between a mix and scratch
is about five minutes. The difference in cost is something like 3-4 times
more for the mix, and the taste is much, much better from scratch. So why
are you buying a mix?
Maybe it takes less time for YOU, but not *necessarily* for me.
It was cheap, it was easy, and in 13 mins I was tearing one up.
Now, whats the diff between the 2?

**I'd have to google a recipe, buy the ingredients-which might go bad
sitting in the cabinet-I don't eat that stuff very often.
Pat
2007-08-01 13:35:04 UTC
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
[...]
Oh come on, Don, it doesn't take that long to run down to the local
Walmart and pick up the stuff when you need it. ;-)
Don
2007-08-01 14:18:38 UTC
Post by Pat
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
[...]
LOL

Guess what?
Looks like we're on a tomato diet around here.
My wifes tomato plants are coming into fruition and its either eat em or
throw em to the varmints.
Nice, big, fat juicy ones with very little in the way of water and seed
content, just gooooood eating all the way through.
She snagged 2-6inchers and 3 4inchers off yesterday.
Had me a stout 3/4" slice with mayo on whole wheat this morn and will have
another at lunch.
Mmmmmmmmmmm.......
If you can find em in ths tore insecticide free they'll cost you at least
$3/pound.
doggies.........
BTW: The bell peppers are gonna bust loose in the next week or so.
Man, those things are at least 9-10" tall and there's 50 or more on each
plant and there's 2 plants.
2 tomato plants too but them things are 8' tall and about 6' in dia.
Amy Blankenship
2007-08-01 15:08:41 UTC
Post by Don
Post by Pat
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
[...]
Our tomatoes suck this year, but we have eggplant and okra coming out our
ears!
Don
2007-08-01 15:31:52 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by Pat
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
[...]
How do you cook the eggplants?
My mom used to bread and fry em and I remember them being pretty good.
But I tried that a few years ago and they were soggy.
Amy Blankenship
2007-08-01 16:32:26 UTC
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by Pat
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
[...]
Lasagna mostly, but I do a good eggplant Parmesan as well. Eggplants tend
to be a bit gooey when cooked. However, you can salt them and drain them
under weight to get rid of some of the moisture if you want.

-Amy
Pat
2007-08-01 17:00:31 UTC
On Aug 1, 12:32 pm, "Amy Blankenship"
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by Pat
Post by Don
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Don
Post by ++
[...]
Quickly fry one side. No need for butter or anything. Flip over and
fry other side while adding some Chili Sauce (the old fashioned stuff,
like spiced catsup) on it. Then some cheese, preferebly something
like Swiss. Put on a lid to help the cheese melt. As soon as the
cheese STARTS to melt, pull it off the heat and get it on to a plate.
No breading required.
Don
2007-08-01 17:18:39 UTC
Post by Pat
Quickly fry one side. No need for butter or anything. Flip over and
fry other side while adding some Chili Sauce (the old fashioned stuff,
like spiced catsup) on it. Then some cheese, preferebly something
like Swiss. Put on a lid to help the cheese melt. As soon as the
cheese STARTS to melt, pull it off the heat and get it on to a plate.
No breading required.
That sounds jammin too.
How about slammin the whole thing on a hamburger bun?
Pat
Why not use slices to REPLACE the hamburger bun?
Don
2007-08-01 17:17:11 UTC
Cool.
++
hmm...sounds yummy
++
2007-08-02 15:40:13 UTC
Post by Don
"
How do you cook the eggplants?
My mom used to bread and fry em and I remember them being pretty good.
But I tried that a few years ago and they were soggy.
Roast them whole over open fire or in oven. Wait till they implode.
Use contents, chuck skin
Bob Morrison
2007-08-02 17:57:22 UTC
Post by Don
How do you cook the eggplants?
My mom used to bread and fry em and I remember them being pretty good.
But I tried that a few years ago and they were soggy.
Wash, Slice, then salt lightly. Let stand for an hour, wash off the
salt, then cook. The salt will draw out much of the moisture.

If you want to make baba ganooj, then try this. Coat eggplant in oil
and place directly on the coals of your BBQ. Cook until soft. It
will probably smoke like crazy and the skin will get all black and
burnt, but the flesh will have wonderful smoky taste. Just right for
that special party dip. Use chips or pita triangles.

++
2007-08-02 15:38:50 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
"
Our tomatoes suck this year, but we have eggplant and okra coming out our
ears!
put up some ikra with the eggplant

http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/17078/baklazhannaia-ikra.html (you
can actually skip tomatoes in this recipe or used a small amount) hmmm,
not like I make it....still loooking...

Not finding. You can, of course, make pindjur ( in recipe below use
oregano and parsley instead of cilantro - ick - ):

http://www.umich.edu/~humanity/recipes/main/pinjur.htm

something else:
http://www.aubergines.org/recipes.php?eggplant=2439

and for the okra...fried with tempura batter...can freeze easily...and.
......file gumbo

We are having a batch of really delicious file gumbo around here.
Course the file part is not so easy to find these days since the feds
have taken dried sassafras off the market.
Don
2007-08-02 16:56:47 UTC
Why'd they do that?
Amy Blankenship
2007-07-30 02:59:32 UTC
Post by Amy Blankenship
Post by Warm Worm
Post by RicodJour
[...]
Yes, for some types of bread. You can also start part of the flour
fermenting with yeast early to enhance the flavor.

-Amy
Pat