A Trip Within The Beltway- DC To Truncate I-395 Center Leg at Mass Avenue
d***@yahoo.com
2008-06-30 02:21:20 UTC
http://wwwtripwithinthebeltway.blogspot.com/2008/06/parochialist-threat-to-truncate-i-395.html

Douglas A. Willinger
http://wwwtripwithinthebeltway.blogspot.com
http://cos-mobile.blogspot.com/
Oscar Voss
2008-06-30 07:24:16 UTC
Post by d***@yahoo.com
http://wwwtripwithinthebeltway.blogspot.com/2008/06/parochialist-threat-to-truncate-i-395.html
Douglas A. Willinger
http://wwwtripwithinthebeltway.blogspot.com
http://cos-mobile.blogspot.com/
DDOT is already working on less perverse ways of shifting through traffic
off the NY Avenue corridor:

(1) *finally* building a freeway-quality connection between the SE Freeway
and DC-295 by building new ramps at the 11th Street Bridge; and

(2) changing the signage on I-395 to discourage people from thinking of it
as a through route alternative to I-95/495, such as to change the control
cities from Baltmore/New York to Capitol Hill/Verizon Center/Nationals
Stadium (so far only at the east end of the 14th Street Bridge, with other
overhead signs still to be changed).

I'd also add that the Massachusetts Avenue interchange with I-395 can''t
handle the existing traffic (commuter and local/visitor traffic to Union
Station, Chinatown, and the north side of Capitol Hill). Truncating I-395
there would further overload the interchange and would require major
improvements.

--
Oscar Voss - ***@comcast.net - Arlington VA

my Hot Springs and Highways pages: http://home.comcast.net/~oscar.voss/
Hawaii Highways: http://www.hawaiihighways.com/
BSMack
2008-07-01 02:43:54 UTC
These people that run the City Counsel need to be voted out of office. This
has got to be the most selfish, elistist thinking I have seen. This is what
happens when you have Demoncrats running this city since it got home rule.
d***@yahoo.com
2008-07-01 15:27:59 UTC
Post by BSMack
These people that run the City Counsel need to be voted out of office. This
has got to be the most selfish, elistist thinking I have seen. This is what
http://wwwtripwithinthebeltway.blogspot.com/2008/06/parochialist-thre...
Douglas A. Willinger
http://wwwtripwithinthebeltway.blogspot.com
http://cos-mobile.blogspot.com/
Try this:

http://wwwtripwithinthebeltway.blogspot.com/2007/03/what-this-was-outcome-of-highly.html
http://wwwtripwithinthebeltway.blogspot.com/search/label/New%20Medievalism

It's BOTH of the major parties which follow their master of
Medievalist Jesuit Georgetown University (note as a start the
involvement of the GT Law Center in most of the anti-highway battles!

Douglas A. Willinger