Avian Flu Broadband vs (Ad-based) Wireless
v***@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com
2008-06-03 20:25:46 UTC
I heard that Avian Flu emergency plans include massive telework.

(And I imagine folks would even do their grocery shopping online
and have their stuff left on their doorstep without human contact.)

But I wonder if they can put up so much broadband so fast.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just move in wireless relay stations on trucks?

I appreciate it makes some sence to have a lasting public benefit that
survives the avian flu threat, in which case actually putting the entire
country on broadband would make sence not only because of the flu, although
the flu would be a strong motivator.

Perhaps an advertising-based wimax model (like current radio/tv) would arise?

- = -
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]
David H. Lipman
2008-06-03 20:51:58 UTC
From: <***@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com>

| I heard that Avian Flu emergency plans include massive telework.
|
| (And I imagine folks would even do their grocery shopping online
| and have their stuff left on their doorstep without human contact.)
|
| But I wonder if they can put up so much broadband so fast.
|
| Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just move in wireless relay stations on trucks?
|
| I appreciate it makes some sence to have a lasting public benefit that
| survives the avian flu threat, in which case actually putting the entire
| country on broadband would make sence not only because of the flu, although
| the flu would be a strong motivator.
|
| Perhaps an advertising-based wimax model (like current radio/tv) would arise?

This is Off Topic for comp.dcom.xdsl and probably other news groups in your Cross-Post.

Please post On Topic!
--
Dave